GM SUB EI REPORT – (Overpayments)


Overpayments & Repayments

For various reasons, you may need to make a repayment of a debt owed to the Government of Canada. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is responsible for the collection of debts for the following programs:

  • Defaulted Canada Student Loans (CSL)
  • Employment Insurance (EI) overpayments and penalties
  • Training Allowances Payment System (TAPS)
  • Canada Pension Plan (CPP) overpayments
  • Grants and contributions (G&C) overpayments
  • Operations and maintenance (O&M) receivables

Payment Guideline

On a monthly basis, you will receive a statement of account from Service Canada indicating the amount that you owe, including principal and interest (where applicable) as well as any payments or adjustments made during the previous month. If you are not receiving statements, you should contact the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-866-864-5823.

You can pay your account using one of the methods outlined below:

Online Banking:

    • select “Employment and Social Development Canada”
    • enter your 9-digit Social Insurance Number (SIN). If your financial institution requires 11 characters add the letters “YY” or the numbers “00” to the end of your SIN:
      • given that each financial institution is different, please try using your SIN with the letters YY after. If this is not accepted by the system, you should input your SIN and the numbers 00. Once the client ID is created the payment can be transferred to Employment and Social Development Canada

Cheque or Money Order:

        • send your payment by cheque or money order
        • mail your payment to the Payment Office indicated on the back of your monthly statement of account
        • make your payment payable to: “Receiver General for Canada”
        • Write your Client ID Number on the front of your cheque or money order
        • include your remittance slip with your payment
        • do not staple your payment to the remittance slip
        • do not send cash through the mail

CLICK HERE FOR printable E.I. Reports


In Solidarity,

Vincent Filice – SUB/EI Representative
Adam Nie – ALT. SUB/EI Representative

In Plant: 905-641-6419 (MONDAY TO FRIDAY 6:30AM-2:30PM)
Mobile: 905-658-7781 (7 days a week (SATURDAY/SUNDAY UNTIL 3PM)






E.I. SUB Report