570 Glendale Ave., St. Catharines, Ontario, L2R 7B3
GM St. Catharines has made the largest variety of products in any GM plant world wide. Products have ranged from horse and buggy parts, wartime munitions and vehicles, radios, spark plugs, brakes, axles, radiator assy's, forgings and foundry castings. GM St Catharines currently produces engines and transmission components.
Originally known as McKinnon's Industries, this bargaining unit has a long history in St. Catharines which dates back to the early 1900's. In 1936, two days after Local 195 was organized, Local 199 joined the UAW ranks and became the second UAW local union organized in Canada. The first contract was signed in 1937.