Taylor Dempster is the Placement Ergonomics & Data Processing Rep for GM St. Catharines. Taylor can assist members with issue related to job design, medical restriction, and time studies.
E Mail Taylor.Dempster@gm.com
The placement process is on page 74 of the Unifor Local 199 Local Agreement. 2012 Local Agreement
During the 1996 Negotiations the parties spent considerable time discussing the Placement Process and the modifications necessary.
The parties mutually identified concerns with the current process and discussed putting in place a process that included appropriate modifications to address those concerns.
The Placement process identified includes, but is not limited to the following steps:
- Completed job search sheet along with restrictions and job placement recommendation form will be brought to a placement meeting by the CAW placement representative.
- Job search to be conducted by CAW placement representative and supervisor, beginning with pre-injury job, pre-injury job with modification, placement within seniority group, department, other productive departments and lastly, in the service groups.
- Placement meeting will be attended by employee, CAW placement representative, claims management representative, medical, area supervision and area shop committeeperson.
- A placement letter will be generated identifying the employee’s seniority group and other pertinent information about the placement.
- Upon expiry of the restrictions and thereby the placement letter, the employee will attend a pre-scheduled appointment with medical to review the necessity of ongoing restrictions. At that point, if no restrictions are issued, the employee will return to their pre-injury job. If restrictions are issued the job search process in its entirety will be repeated and a new placement letter will be generated.
The Union also raised concerns regarding the situation where an employee is placed on a job assignment or assignments within a group and the assignment is eliminated resulting in the employee being instantly displaced. In these situations, the Company stated that the employee should not be instantaneously displaced, but rather a job search should be conducted following receipt of a placement request sheet initiated by area supervision identifying that the current assignment has been eliminated and the need to identify a new assignment.
Any issues or concerns regarding the administering of these procedures should be discussed between the parties.
GENERAL MOTORS OF CANADA LIMITED
Ergonomics is the science of people interacting with their work environment. The science places the human as the central figure in the interrelationship between people, their work, the tools and equipment and the environment in which work is performed. The term comes from the Greek words “ergo” meaning work and “nomics” meaning laws. Ergonomics is now recognised as an important consideration in the design of workstations, tools equipment and overall job organization. The application of ergonomics recognises that each worker has different physical mental and social abilities. It’s principles consider the worker first in the design of their jobs. In short, the principle of ergonomics are applied in order to fit the job to the worker, not fi the worker to the job.
There are a number of sciences that contribute to the body of ergonomics.
- Anthropometry, is the science of body dimensions,. it is used at the design stage to acceptable measurements.
- Physiology is the science of the functioning of the bod. It includes the circulatory nervous and hormonal systems.
- Biomechanics is the study of forces on the body.
- Psychology is the study of the human mind and behavior.
Time Study is a shop committee directive to the PEDP representative
16 Days of Activism to End Gender-based Violence November 25th – International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women...
We make growing your money easy. Reach your savings goals faster with this great rate. Guaranteed. For more information or...
Welded Tube is currently looking to fill its labour pool. Applicants can send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or search Welded...
Valbruna is currently looking for Millwrights and Electricians. They also have open positions in the Melt Shop and Conditioning Department...
Auto Council Report Auto Council was held November 4th, 2021. Delegates from across the Detroit 3 Auto Companies met in...
GM Canada Vaccination Reporting Now Available on Personal Devices – Deadline Extended to November 19th Click on this link for...
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING Wednesday, November 17 th @ 6:00 p.m. PLEASE REGISTER TO ATTEND DUE TO COVID-19, WE WILL BE...
In Flanders Fields In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and...
Financial Secretary Report – November 2021 News around the hall I am happy to announce the Retirees Centre has opened...
Today GM Chairperson-Trevor Longpre, Financial Secretary-Steve McMullen and President-Jordan Lennox presented two cheques totaling $8,632 to Brenda Sevcik, widow of...
We will be live streaming Dan’s Celebration of Life: Date: Friday, October 29th Time: 11:00...