St. Catharines Semiconductor Part Shortage:
Updated: Tuesday, February 9, 2021
St. Catharines Team:
As GM continues to manage the global semi-conductor shortage, the company has made the following decisions:
• CAMI will stay down and hourly employees will remain on temporary layoff
• The GF6 transmission operation—both machining and assembly—will remain on temporary layoff
• Impacted salaried employees will learn about their options from their leader
We will regularly review our schedule and will provide an update in mid-March.
These updates will be shared using the following channels:
• The plant Facebook page – www.facebook.com/groups/gmstcatharines
• The St. Catharines Plant Portal – www.gmstcatharines.ca
Our intent is to make up as much lost production as possible. Please be safe and continue to follow COVID-19 protocols. You can stay connected to important plant and GM news by following the St. Catharines Facebook page.
Printable PDF File SOS Addendum – Parts Shortage Update – February 9, 2021