Online E.I Application
All members of Unifor Local 199 who are on layoff MUST apply for E.I. benefits. Before you start your E.I. application please read and print the following detailed instructions below and the FAQ Document which as a few helpful tips. Once you start the application process should take about 15 to 20 minutes. Please note that Service Canada is experiencing a high volume of application so the process might be a bit slow. To maintain a social distance we are asking members to apply at home and call if they need assistance.
- EI APPLICATION 2020 For General Motors Employees
- EI APPLICATION 2020 ALL Units Except GM
- EI APPLICATION GM TPT’s
- FAQ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS EI (LOCAL 199)
- LEAFLET FROM Greg Brady
Before you start your application you will need the following personal information:
- your Social Insurance Number (SIN). If your SIN begins with a 9, you need to supply proof of your immigration status and work permit.
- your mother’s maiden name.
- your mailing and residential addresses, including the postal codes.
- your complete banking information to sign up for direct deposit, including the financial institution name, bank branch number, and account number
- names, addresses, dates of employment, and reason for separation for all your employers over the last 52 weeks
- This information will be used, along with your Record(s) of Employment (ROE), to calculate your benefit rate.
To Start your Application