IMPORTANT BARGAINING INFORMATION
General Motors (St Catharines)
On August 12, 2020, your Bargaining Committee will be passing our demands on to General Motors and the bargaining process will formally begin. Our usual process would include a Strike Authorization Meeting and a Ratification Meeting that would potentially have over 1,000 members in attendance.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the government has put safety protocols in place that will not allow our usual practice to take place. We are working on an electronic voting system that will ensure all our eligible members have the ability to exercise their democratic right to vote in each of these upcoming events. In order to do so, we need you to submit a current and active e-mail address that you can access from home.
Please use the following online form to send us your e mail address.
- Seniority Employees, to send us your e mail address click on the following link here. https://unifor199.org/email-submission/
- Retirees are not eligible to vote. *
- The Deadline to send in your e mail is Sunday, August 16, 2020.
- This is only method you will be able to vote and will ensure you receive the ratification brochure.
- There will be separate Ratification Votes for Skilled Trade and Production.
- Members who need assistance call the Union Hall 905-682-2611 x 238 or E Mail email@example.com
Once we have your e mail address, you will receive a confirmation and additional information that will allow you to register for the confidential voting process.
It is important you submit your e mail address by Sunday August 16th 2020 and encourage others to do so. Bargaining updates, notice of strike & ratification votes and the Bargaining Brochure will be sent to you.
General Motors Chairperson.
On behalf of the GM Bargaining Committee