GM St Catharines is hiring Experienced Electricians
I received the following information from the company about a job opportunity for electricians at GM, pass it on to anyone you know who may be interested, Tim
GM WE’RE HIRING!! GM St. Catharines is looking for experienced electricians to join our team! Check out the job post for complete details. We have several openings for this role and are welcoming posts from employees and the external community. To apply, please visit and click “Canadian Opportunities”: https://www.gm.ca/en/careers/opportunities.html
At GM Canada, you will find go-getters, people that dream big and go the extra mile to uncover the next ground breaking idea. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants, developing new vehicles and self-driving technologies, and creating new marketing programs – we are determined to change the future of mobility.
We are looking for individuals who are striving to make a difference and who want to join one of the world’s most iconic companies. With over 100 years of rich history in Canada, help us redefine what the next 100 years should look like. Innovation Lives Here – and so should you!
We are looking for experienced Electricians to join our St Catharines Propulsion Facility.
What You Will Do
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records (MAXIMO)
- Troubleshoot machine components including cylinders, pumps, motors, spindles, fixtures, slides, valves, and gears.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and lighting fixtures and other electrical components as needed.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Support and maintain department lean manufacturing initiatives
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ontario Industrial Electrician License Red Seal #442A preferred however consideration given to Red Seal #309A
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Graduate of mechanical and/or industrial technology from an accredited college preferred
- Three to five years hands on experience in machining environment; experience with CNC machines a definite asset
- Working knowledge of servomotors, and controllers
- Robotic programming and troubleshooting experience, preferably ABB, FANUC
- PLC program troubleshooting experience including Allen Bradley, Indramat, Siemens
- Familiarity with lockout policies and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act
What Else You Need To Know:
- We are a Unifor-represented workplace
- We offer competitive wage rates, pensions and benefits
- You will be required to work Monday-Friday on a weekly three shift rotation and may be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The position requires you to work overtime as needed
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however; only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required, Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.