UAW and GM have reached a proposed Tentative Agreement. Approximately 200 UAW presidents and Chairpersons were in Detroit to review the agreement today which was negotiated with GM over the past few months. Ultimately, the agreement will not be ratified until UAW-GM membership across the U.S. votes to approve it. We will post information as it becomes available.
Unifor Local 199 members who are on temporary lay off should call the GM St Catharines Hotline (1-877-868-3895) 2 hours before your regularly scheduled shift for a return to work information. The hotline was updated on Thursday evening and will be updated again on Sunday. Supervisors may call you directly however we recommend you call the hotline for an update daily.
We will also post information on Facebook and our website as it becomes available.
Following are a series of links and news article about negotiations.
RELATED NEWS ARTICLES
The list is in chronological order, the newest article is on the bottom of the list.
- GM Selected by UAW as Target Automaker
- UAW GM Open 2019 Contract Talks
- Autoworkers Take Aim at GM in Crucial Contract Negotiations
- GM now has fewer UAW Employee’s than FCA & Ford.
- As deadline nears, GM sends letter to plants
- UAW GM Officials have differing views of contract progress
- us automakers face union strike deadline
- UAW will Strike GM at Midnight
- 46,000 UAW members strike GM
- Tens of Thousand of GM Auto Workers go on strike
- U.S. General Motors Strike to have Impact on Canadian Workers
- UAW/GM Strike Day 8
- Day 9 – Key Issue is Temp Workers
- GM Strike could last another week Day 11
- Day 14 UAW Strike update
- Day 15 UAW Rejects Latest Offer
- Strike Cost Continue to Pile up
- Day 17 Canadian Auto Parts Firms Hit Hard
- Day 18 – UAW Makes Progress in Ford Talks
- Day 19 UAW Reports Good Progress on Health Care and Temp Workers, talks to continue Saturday Morning
- Day 20 Main Issues in UAW Talks Narrow to Wages & Pensions
- Day 21 – Talks take a turn for the worse.
- UAW Increases Strike Pay and authorizes part time work
- Day 30 Barra rejoins negotiations
- GM UAW Reach Tentative Deal
- Day 31 General Motors Union Tentative Deal
- GM Canada Hopes to Resume Operations Soon
- UAW GM Contract Summary
- What You Need to Know About UAW Agreement
- Solidarity Pays Dividends in GM Settlement