Brothers, Sisters and Comrades,
In a normal year, we know that the holidays are a very hard time for some, but it is safe to say that this holiday season, due to COVID-19 and the pandemic, those with existing or new mental health issues will experience an even more difficult time.
It is important for you to know that you are not alone and that help is available.
If you, your family or a loved one needs support this holiday season, please reach out to the appropriate service:
Mental Health and Addiction – Confidential help 24/7
DISTRESS CENTRE CRISIS LINE
For immediate help in the Niagara Region please call 24 hour crisis line:
- St. Catharines, Niagara Falls and Area – 905-688-3711
- Port Colborne, Wainfleet and Area – 905-734-1212
- Fort Erie and Area – 905-382-0689
- Grimsby, West Lincoln – 905-563-6674
- 211 – call for help accessing social services in your local area https://211ontario.ca/
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need some extra support during the break. We will do our best to get back to you when available and can help you navigate community and counselling services.
We would like to wish you and your families a safe and happy holiday season
Employment Equity Reps