3 Day Grievance Handling Course
The role of workplace representatives is critical to our union strength – it is a rewarding and challenging job. This three day grievance handling course helps members develop the skills required to handle grievances. Using case studies and hands-on practical activities, we focus on three key themes related to the role of the workplace representative: Technical skills (what is a grievance, how to conduct an investigation, writing and presenting grievances, duty of fair representation Communication skills (listening, asking questions, formulating arguments); Union building skills (actions and strategies for strengthening the union at the local and national level).
This program is designed to equip workplace leaders with the skills and tools needed to defend the rights of workers and to develop an understanding of the role of a workplace representative in building a strong membership and local union.
Course materials and a hot lunch will be provided each day. To register or for more information, please contact Peter Scott, Joe Petriello, or Mike Winterbottom.
- Course material lunch will be provided.
- Course Schedule April 25,26,27 2019 Thursday Friday and Saturday
- 8am – 4pm
- Union Hall, 124 Bunting Road
- Space is limited, you must apply and be registered to attend.
- 3 Day Grievance Handling Poster, 3 Day Grievance Handling Course Poster please print and post in your workplace.
To register or for more information, please contact Peter Scott 905-682-2611 x 238