On Sunday 31st of January 2016 hundreds of people walked the halls of Brock University to raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Society, the 2016 walk was without doubt a great success. John Pula, captain for Team Unifor 199 raised $2,200 towards the events total of $70,000. John said when he first became involved 12 years ago he didn’t know anyone that had Dementia or Alzheimer’s. Since then he knows several friends and family members that have been stricken by this disease. John said it is a good feeling to donate money to a cause but an even better feeling to get involved personally.
Special thanks to
- Denis Boulet and Old Plant Road who volunteered to entertain the walkers,
- Peter Scott for taking all the pictures,
- Everyone who sponsored John and team Unifor
- 199 retiree chapter who donated $400.
- John Pula for pulling it all together
If you would like to volunteer for future events, sponsor John or participate in this well run event please contact John Pula at 905- 682-2226.