JOIN TEAM BOB WHITE
The Executive Board of Unifor Local 199 would like to invite you and your family to join us at the Walk for Alzheimer’s held at Brock University on Sunday 27th January 2019. Unifor Local 199 is entering a team to raise funds for Alzheimer’s and pay tribute to Brother Bob White. The walk is indoors and is very well organized. At least 50 of our members are expected to walk at Brock University including, President Greg Brady, GM Chairperson Tim McKinnon as well as MPP Wayne Gates, and former MP Malcolm Allen.
Anyone who would like to make a donation can do so at Walk for Alzheimer’s website or at the Union Hall. Any member who brings in a pledge sheet with $100 will get two free t shirts (Bob White & an Alzheimer’s T Shirt) as well as 4 tickets and a chance to win a 55’’ TV. Members can also purchase T Shirts at the Union Hall and (at Brock on the day of the walk).
- Indoor walk, (free treats provided)
- Free massages from Physiotherapy students
- Star war characters (great photo op)
- Health fair (good information)
- Therapy dogs (if you need a friend!)
- Free parking (Lot D)
- Registration is at 9:30 am, walk starts at 11am
The Alzheimer Society’s “Walk for Alzheimer’s” draws attention to dementia. What most Canadians don’t know is that 564,000 Canadians are currently living with dementia in Canada. This statistic is projected to grow to a staggering 937,000 in 15 years. Over 1.1 million Canadians, including our members are directly or indirectly impacted by this disease. The cost to provide care is $10.4 billion per year. No matter who you talk to, there is always a connection to this disease, it affects everyone! The Alzheimer Society’s “Walk for Alzheimer’s” is a national campaign. Entering teams provides media attention for both the Alzheimer Society, Bob White and what he stood for a fair, a just and compassionate Canada. More importantly, we can offer hope and assistance to families through a difficult and challenging time.
So how can you help?
- If you live in Niagara area, contact me and sign up to walk with us. Anyone who signs up and has $100 of pledges on their sheet will get two free t shirt and a chance to win a 55’TV. a free For more information about the walk at Brock click here
- If you can’t walk, please consider making a donation in Bob White’s name at the following link. Make a Donation. (a tax receipt will be issued for donations over $20)
- If you live in a community where there is a “Walk for Alzheimer’s”, sign up and enter a team. A complete list of walk locations with instruction how to enter a team is attached. All donations and walk pledges will be in Bob Whites name. Click here to find a walk in your community
- Ask your Local Union to order t-Shirts for your team. The discounted price per shirt is only $15, plus delivery.
- We are also interested in hearing your stories, how dementia or Alzheimer’s has impacted your family and what needs to be done.
We thank you in advance for your participation in this campaign. We hope you will consider making a donation or walking in the next event as an individual or as part of a team. Please contact me if you have any questions about this campaign. Together we can help to improve the support for families impacted by dementia. For more information contact Peter Scott 905-328-9899 email@example.com
Link to Team Bob White Documents
1. Poster Walk For Alzheimers 2019
2. PLEDGE SHEET team Bob White 2019
3. T Shirt Order Form Team Bob White 2019
4. How To Join Team Bob White Niagara 2019
5. Poster Team Bob White BLACK t shirt 2019
6. Poster Teeam Bob White RED t shirt 2019
7. Certificate for TEAM Bob White
“Walking together, we can make a Difference”