The Education schedule for winter/ spring courses at the Union hall and in Port Elgin are now available. Our members can register for any local courses at the hall or online. One-day courses are scheduled on a Saturday at the Union Hall, course materials, kits and a hot lunch will be provided at no cost to members.
Applications for course offered at the Family Education Centre in Port Elgin are available online but must be submitted at the Union Hall.
McMaster courses are scheduled on Monday evenings at the Union Hall, members who attend these courses receive credits towards a Labour Studies Certificate from McMaster University.
If you would like more information about any of these courses please contact the Education Committee.
Courses Available at Local 199
- Donald Trump & Labour this course is a McMaster/Unifor Labour Studies course and is scheduled on two Monday evenings 5th and 12th February 2018.
- Women Activist, this is a Unifor 1 Day course scheduled for Saturday 3rd March 2018 Click here for the poster. COURSE CANCELLED
- International Women’s Day this course is a McMaster/Unifor Labour Studies course and is scheduled on one Monday evening 5th March 2018.
- The Case for National Pharmacare this course is a McMaster/Unifor Labour Studies course and is scheduled on two consecutive Monday evenings 19th & 26th March 2018.
- Planning For Your Future, this is a one day pre retirement course, spouses are welcome. Saturday April 14th 2018
Port Elgin Family Education Centre
The Family Education Centre offers a variety of one week courses, the complete schedule for the Spring of 2018 is below. Members must complete application forms and submit them before the deadline listed. If approved to attend clearance need to be approved by your employer.
Trump and Labour 2018
Women Activist 1 day 2018
International Womens Day 2018
Port Elgin Spring 2018 Schedule
Local 199 Winter Education Schedule 2018
UNIFOR-McMaster Labour Studies
Members must be registered to attend these courses, for more information please call Melodie Zarlenga, Joe Petriello at 905-682-2611 x 238. You can call or use the registration form below.
On behalf of the Education Standing Committee Melodie Zarlenga & Joe Petriello
REGISTRATION FORM For Local 199 Courses