TEAM BOB WHITE Niagara – Walk for Alzheimer’s
We would like to take this opportunity to invite Unifor members to participate in a community Walkathon at Brock University on Sunday, January 21st 2018, to help raise awareness for Alzheimer’s. This is a very well organised event, there are lots of information booths, therapy dogs, star trek characters in amazing costumes, food stations, and you can even sign up for a free massage. Any member who has $100 in sponsor donations will get a free t-shirt and 4 tickets for the raffle held on the day of the walk. For more information please contact the Community Services Committee chair Scott Martini, John Pula (Retiree) or myself. GM members if you would like to sponsor a walker see Ed Steers in the Health and Safety office. Click here to see Images from last years walk
Sunday, January 21st, 2018
Walk Starts at 11 am.
For event information click here, Walk For Alzheimers Team Bob White Flyer
What Can You do to Help?
- Members can purchase TEAM BOB WHITE t shirts at the Union Hall for $20 (Canadian & Union Made)
- Members in Niagara can Walk in the Walkathon at Brock University with their family and friends. Niagara – Sunday 21st January 2018, Terry McDougall 905-687-6859 ext 556 Niagara Walk Details
- Members can collect donations using the attached pledge sheet. PLEDGE SHEET Unifor 199
- Members in the plant can sponsor a walker to raise funds, see Ed Steers, Steve McMullen, Lorie Peacock, Melodie Zarlenga, Jordan Lennox, Scott Martini
- Unifor Members in other location should check the link below for walks in your area.
- Poster TEAM BOB WHITE poster RED
- Unifor Local 199 Pledge Sheet PLEDGE SHEET Unifor 199
- Order Form Order Form Team Bob White
- Local Union’s Call Letter TEAM Bob White 2018 Call Letter
- To find a walk location near you, Link to Alzheimer’s Website Team Bob White
- January 2018 Schedule Schedule January 2018
- Alzheimer’s -Team Bob White Link Landing page
173 WALK LOCATIONS ACROSS CANADA
There are 173 Walks for Alzheimer’s in every province across Canada. We hope that Unifor Local Unions will contact the nearest Alzheimer’s society and enter a Team Bob White in their community. To find a walk location near you click on the following link – Find a Walk Location in Canada Most of the walks are held in May however the following seven walks are scheduled in January.
January Walk Schedule
- Ingersoll – Saturday January 20th, 2018 Shelley Green Green email@example.com 519-421-2466 x 222 Ingersoll Walk Details (UNIFOR Local 88)
- Tillsonburg – Saturday January 20th, 2018 Shelley Green Green firstname.lastname@example.org 519-421-2466 x 222 Tillsonburg Walk Details (UNIFOR Local 88)
- Niagara – Sunday 21st January 2018, Terry McDougall 905-687-6859 ext 556 email@example.com Niagara Walk Details (Unifor Local 199)
- Woodstock – Saturday 27th January 2018, Shelley Green firstname.lastname@example.org 519-421-2466 ext 222 Woodstock Walk Details (UNIFOR Local 636) 2018 Poster Ingersoll, Woodstock and Tillsonburg
- McMaster/Hamilton Saturday 27th January 2018, Dawn Vince, email@example.com 905-529-7030 ext 210 McMaster/Hamilton Walk Details (UNIFOR Local 5555)
- Bancroft – Sunday 28th January 2018, Sarah Krieger firstname.lastname@example.org 613-332-4614 Bancroft Walk Details (UNIFOR Local 8300)
- Prince Albert – Sunday 28th January 2018, Angela Klassen email@example.com 306-949-4141 Prince Albert Walk Details (UNIFOR Locals 297, 60, 2S 649)
Peter Scott, (905)-682-2611 x 238 – CELL 905-328-9899
John Pula (905)-682-2226
Scott Martini (905)-932-0136
Ed Steers, (905)-658-3271
Donation of $1,730
Dave De Marco and myself had the pleasure of dropping off a cheque at the Alzheimer Society in Niagara. The donation was for $1,730 dollars which was raised from a raffle held on Labour Day 2017. There were three main prizes donated by FirstOntario, the Shaw Festival and Unifor Local 199. The draw winners were Riley Scott (i Watch), , Sue McCready, (Gift Basket) and Crystal Hoore ($199). Terry McDougall said the funds we raised will help provide essential services in Niagara which includes early stage programming, care giver education, art expressions and brain wave cafe. All monies raised at Unifor Local 199 were donated in memory of Brother Bob White. Special thanks to Lorie Peacock, Melodie Zarlenga and Mike Winterbottom for collecting the prizes, selling the tickets and FirstOntario for donating an iWatch. The members of local 199 once again showed their community spirit, thank you all for purchasing tickets.
Recording Secretary, Unifor Local 199
905-682-2611 x 238